Egyptian Escape With Nile Cruise Packages
Travel to Cairo, Zadar, Luxor, EDFU, KOM OMBO, Aswan - 09 Days / 08 Nights Egyptian Escape With Nile Cruise Tour Packages.
Arrive In Cairo
Welcome to Cairo! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel.
Guided sightseeing in and around Africa’s largest metropolis starts at the EGYPTIAN MUSEUM. See Tutankhamun’s fabulous treasures, an exciting first encounter with the splendor of three millennia of Egyptian civilization. Next, depart for GIZA. Take a close-up look at the enigmatic SPHINX and the daunting Great Pyramids. Cheops, with an original height of 496 feet, is the most colossal pyramid ever built.
Cairo – Luxor, Embarkation
Board your flight to Luxor, where you will embark your cruise ship to enjoy lunch. In the afternoon, guided sightseeing features visits to KARNAK TEMPLE and LUXOR TEMPLE. (B,L,D)
Cruising : Luxor – EDFU
This morning, guided sightseeing focuses on the VALLEY OF KINGS & QUEENS on the West Bank of the Nile, where generations of pharaohs and nobles were buried in great splendor in crypts cut into the cliffs. Sixty-two royal tombs have been uncovered so far, of which only the tomb of Tutankhamun was largely undisturbed when discovered in 1922. Visit DEIR EL-BAHRI, Queen Hatshepsut’s monumental rock temple, before returning to your ship where a Captain’s welcome cocktail party awaits you. Sail to Edfu. (B,L,D)
Cruising : EDFU – KOM OMBO – Aswan
In Edfu, visit the TEMPLE OF HORUS with its menacing black stone statue of the falcon god. Built in the time of Cleopatra about 2,000 years ago, it is recent by Egyptian standards and beautifully preserved. Have lunch on board and continue your leisurely cruise down Egypt’s river of destiny. Dock at Kom Ombo for a short walk to visit its bluff-top TEMPLE dedicated to the crocodile and falcon gods. You can haggle for bargains in the local market. This evening, enjoy a Galabeya party on board. (B,L,D)
Cruising : Aswan
Marvel at the gigantic Aswan HIGH DAM, completed in 1970. Next, stop at the ancient GRANITE QUARRIES to see the famous unfinished obelisk and visit the PHILAE TEMPLE OF ISIS, transplanted from the submerged island of Philae. Highlight is [LF] a FELUCCA SAIL around Kitchener’s Island and the Mausoleum of Aga Khan. A Nubian Folklore Show is the perfect way to celebrate your Nile Cruise. (B,L,D)
After disembarkation, enjoy some free time in Aswan. An optional excursion to stunning Abu Simbel is available.
Aswan – Cairo
Board your flight to Cairo. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel.
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
If you’ve dreamed of standing at the foot of the great pyramids, now is the time to escape to Egypt. Peruse the treasures of King Tutankhamun in Cairo, and answer the riddle of the Sphinx at the Great Pyramids of Giza. Fly to Luxor and embark on a Nile River cruise. You’ll visit the Karnak and Luxor Temples, and join in guided sightseeing at the Valley of the Kings and Queens on the Nile’s West Bank—site of noble crypts where the pharaohs rest in splendor in the cliff sides.
Visit the Temple of Horus with its menacing black stone falcon statue, built 2,000 years ago during the age of Cleopatra. You’ll see fascinating sights before your Nile River cruise is complete, including a bluff-top temple to worship crocodile and falcon gods, the unfinished obelisk of the granite quarries of Aswan, and the Temple of Isis recovered from the submerged island of Philae. Take an excursion on a Felucca sail boat for a view of Kitchener’s Island and the mausoleum of Aga Khan. Fly back to Cairo and conclude your vacation with a farewell dinner to celebrate your guided tour of Egypt.
- Cairo : Welcome and farewell dinners; guided sightseeing, visit the Egyptian Museum and the pyramids in Giza.
- Cairo - Luxor : By air
- Luxor : Guided sightseeing, visit the Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple, Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- EDFU : Guided visit of Temple of Horus.
- KOM OMBO : Guided visit of the temple
- Aswan : Guided sightseeing, visit the High Dam, the unfinished obelisk, and the Philae Temple of Isis; [LF] Felucca sail around Kitchener’s Island and the Mausoleum of Aga Khan.
- Aswan - Cairo : By Air
- Hotels listed may occasionally be substituted with alternative hotels of equivalent standard.
- The ship scheduled to depart for the cruise portion of your vacation is the MS Mayfair.
- Includes Airport Transfers (also for land-only customers that provide their travel arrangements to the booking department).
- Includes Visas for USA, New Zealand, Australian and European passport holders (also for land-only customers that provide their travel arrangements to the booking department).
- Motorcoach. Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.